Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Relax, already

Today my home heath care nurse swung by to check on me and my Hickman line. The Hick looks good--I've been practicing a sexy, come-hither twirl with it that is starting to turn me on. Watch out.

She also mentioned that I should a) sleep more, b) be less stressed out, and c) not have such bad heartburn/acid reflux. I've been a little weary to ask my doctor for prescription meds or complain too much about the side effects of the Pred/Chemo drugs. They aren't pleasant for sure, but I felt like MORE medicating was the wrong way to go. As we hit the 2 week mark (seriously, it's only been 2 weeks?) the little things are really starting to get to me. While I wouldn't describe my pain over a 4 at any point (hello, rugby!) its consistency is starting to wear on me. Anyway, the nurse confirmed that I can ask for Xanax and Protonix without looking like a med seeking, pansy.

Tonight I have a massage which will hopefully solve the issue of my back hurting 24/7. The one thing that seems to help is Vicodin, but the resulting "yucky" feeling really kills my buzz.

Also, my friend Kerry had signed up for a Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Tri-athalon before Little Buddy was ever even diagnosed as a tumor. If you want to visit her page, give her money, and support a REALLY GOOD CAUSE--do it! Everyone keeps asking me what they can do.

Here is a list:
*If you live in Seattle, come help me move down the hall this weekend into Rachel's old room.
*If you don't live in Seattle, go donate blood.
*If you give away money, give some to Kerry/the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

So that's it for today. In my head I am creating a Lentil-Greens souffle to make tonight for dinner. Mmmmmmm.

No comments: