Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's not all about me

Oh, why the fuck not? I'll post again.

Today is Rachel's birthday. Yesterday was Jade's birthday. I like to write about my friends on their birthdays. I have the most excellent friends.

Both Rachel and Jade have seen me through some of life's more epic coming of age moments. Rachel was there with me in Honduras in 2001 when I realized that the world was truly fucked and that there were some problems that were bigger than I could grasp. Rachel was part of my life pretty much every day from ages 9-18. We moved to Corvallis at the same time, went to all the same schools, had all the same classes, and of course, she was my youth group bff. Our parents also got divorced at the same time. Now she's in Santa Barbara and she sends me the greatest free shit from her company and keeps me posted on HS drama. Happy 25th Birthday Rachel!

Jade has been my bff for the last 7 years and has seen me through some of the most awful and entertaining moments of my life. When I called Jade to tell her I was sick I didn't know if I'd be able to without totally losing it. But because Jade is truly (and I mean this) one of the funniest people I know and because I can laugh with her about really, really anything, I found myself 10 minutes into the conversation talking about how this was going to be a great way to lose weight and find a boyfriend (didn't you know, guys totally dig vulnerable girls!) I look forward to being very old and living in a house with Jade and co. again. I imagine we will all live way past our partners and instead of moving into a retirement community we will buy a house somewhere warm, hire some hot help and sit around on our porch bitching at each other through our golden years. Jade will have many little dogs by then--all pugs.

Even when I'm in a bad mood, I feel lucky every single day. I have great friends.

No comments: