Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Take a week off (not from blogging!)

I went to see Dr. K yesterday afternoon and the good news is my WBCs look phenomenal. I attribute this to my awesome immune system AND the 15 “G shots” I got in my stomach while in the hospital. Did I tell you about the “G shot?” It’s pretty much the ONLY amusing anecdote from my time the H. The shot that they give you to boost WBC production is called the “G shot” and EVERYONE says it with a straight face. And I entertained myself by making lots of little jokes in my head.

ANYWAY. I am down on platelets so Dr. K was like, “I can’t do anything with you until you have more platelets, take the week off[!]” He also told me I was looking very healthy which is what everyone is saying. Maybe by healthy they mean SKINNY since I have lost 8 lbs in the last month. And by skinny I just mean that my ASS is GONE. If you know me in real life then you know that I have a really big butt. It’s something I like about myself and of course, when I buy pants I always buy to accommodate. My butt is GONE. I don’t know where it went. I am devastated. And my pants don’t fit. I’ve been this weight/size many times before and so I have clothes that SHOULD fit, but since before weight loss occurred due to like, running and eating healthy and not lying in bed anorexic* for 3 weeks, my butt stayed its healthy size. Is this interesting? The point is that all my pants are baggy and stupid looking and I’m trying to eat and walk up lots of stairs to get my glutes back.

*Anorexia is the clinical term for not being hungry or interested in food. That was me in the H due to all the shitty antibiotics I was on and the fact that I was depressed.

Welllllllllll. Tomorrow is the first meeting of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society young adult group and I am tentatively excited about meeting other sick people. Last night I had a mini break down where I was just feeling alone and like no one could understand me. My friends are so amazing and most of the time all I want is to be normal and hang out with normal, healthy people, but then I have moments (like 18 days in the hospital) where I realize I’m NOT normal and healthy right now and that I can’t keep up with my old life. Blah, blah, blah, I just can’t wait to be better.

Oh, and yesterday was Lauren's birthday! Happy Birthday Lauren!


No comments: