Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Obsessed

I know I sound absolutely obsessed with food and particularly with pho, but I am going to exude its amazing regenerative powers once again. Today my chemo (2 shots which take approx 30 seconds to administer) was 45 minutes late because they forgot I was sitting in the waiting room. Now, I only like to say nice things about the nice people who help me with my cancer, but some days this is very challenging. Instead of crying and throwing myself against the plate glass windows, I opted for some Veggie Pho from my new fave: Pho Hai Yen. I feel better already. When Bryon originally made a joke about eating my food when I got home, I said, "if you do that I will punch you in the face" and I meant it. But after eating it, I mean it in a jokey-way. Haha.

One of my shots (Cytarabine) is in my stomach, it doesn't hurt, and it does suppress my appetite. The other shot was in my arm it DID hurt and makes me produce more red blood cells which is supposed to make my bones ache and give me more energy. So much to look forward to in the coming days.

What this all means is that my counts have gone back down (as they're supposed to since I had a lot more toxic drugs this week.) That last 4 week cycle of Chemo was the first of two knarley cycles. They have names. I finished "Induction" Chemo on Thursday. On Monday in the H I started "Intensification." Fun names, huh?

Well, I'm going to eat more pho and probably watch Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Cancer again because it makes me cry and I need to do some crying.

No comments: