Monday, September 14, 2009

small milestones

You're darn right today is the one year anniversary of finishing up intensive treatment! That means that for the last year my body has mostly been allowed to heal! Let's celebrate!
9/14/08:
9/14/09:The hair is the most obvious difference, but I've also put on about 10-12 lbs of muscle since taking that first picture... and I don't have fatally low levels of platelets! So that's an improvement.

Today is good. Today I turned in my first grad school assignments, I lifted weights, I rode up the big hill by school twice, and now I'm at home and I'm going to read about French and German war strategy and start on my law paper. For fun I might read about sales tax in Oregon. I say NO to atrophed muscles, NO to baldness, NO to chemo brain, and NO to non clotting blood!

And the best, best, best thing about today? That's right: SEASON PREMIERE OF GOSSIP GIRL!!! Don't judge, just love.

No comments: